Stalham Community Gym
Minutes of Trustees & Management Committee held on
Thursday, 12 November 2015 at Stalham Baptist Church at 11.30am
Present: Lynn Clarke, Helen
Munford, Paul O’Connell , Jenny Smith, Barry Granados and Rita Wall.
Apologies for absence received from Karen Norton.
Minutes of last meeting held on 17 September 2015: were read, approved and signed by Lynn Clarke, Chair.
- Membership Card - in the absence of Karen it was decided to defer discussion till next meeting.
- T-Shirts - Paul has in hand.
- Website - some updates have been done by Lynn. More work to be done with Jenny.
- Sport England - application has been sent off. No word yet. Jenny will check to make sure they have received
it. (have checked and yes they sent confirmation it has been received)
- Charity Commission Return - Barry is looking into what needs to be done. Jenny and Barry to finalise return
together in next few weeks.
- Barclays charity cheque - finally has arrived.
- On the 7 October bank statement showed we had £6,795.32 in the account.
- Rent cheque for £1182.15 for three months (July. August and September) has cleared.
- Discussion was held on whether we should purchase a replacement exercise bike as one is becoming hopeless now to keep repairing.
Suggestion to contact Amazon Leisure (who have money on deposit for a cross trainer for when we move) and amend order to a gym quality Lifefitness 95Ci exercise bike. Jenny will make enquiries and
- We currently have 58 members
- 49 on standing order
- 7 funded
- 7 on free month’s trial
- 1 cash
- Grand Christmas Draw: Helen will make a list of all the prizes we have got so far. Jenny
will contact Newlands,The Swan and Sutton Staithe Hotel for prizes. Tickets are all out to members. Everything set for the draw on Sat 12 December at the Christmas Party Night at Sutton Staithe
Hotel. Jenny will help Helen with the draw. There will be 16 gym members at the hotel that night. Jenny will visit Paula and sort out the arrangements.
- Christmas Street Fair - Sunday, 6 December. Box is now out for donations and they are
beginning to come in. Rita already has quite a few items. Jenny will ask around the charity shops for baskets. Date was set for Friday, 27 November at 10 o’clock to prepare them for the Street Fair.
Rita or Jenny to ask Liz Revill to come along to help with the wrapping.
- Christmas Tree Festival - we can put our tree up on Friday, 4 December. Karen has been
working hard on making new tree decorations.
- Christmas Closure - it was agreed that we will be open on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd of
Christmas week but close after then to re-open on Monday, 4 January. Jenny will do a poster to notify everyone. It was also agreed that we would have a Christmas refreshments at the gym on the Monday
as we did last year.
- GP Referral Survey - Paul has completed this online survey on behalf of the gym.
- Norfolk Directory - a free online resource compiled by Norfolk County Council has been sent
through. Jenny will complete.
- Stalham Directory - the Town Council are putting together a new directory booklet similar to
the one the Happing Partnership used to do. Jenny will contact the clerk with the gym’s details for inclusion.
- Online Banking - in order to check membership numbers against payments we are looking at
getting Karen included on the gym’s online banking account. Helen will look into how Karen can become a signatory to facilitate this work and report back.
- Opening Times - Paul is concerned that some people are arriving before the gym equipment is
fully out and operational. It is becoming more difficult where certain members need his full attention and this is conflicting with preparing the gym for opening. It was suggested that Paul gently
reminds everyone of the opening times.
- £100 donation - has been received from Mrs Springall in Hickling. A letter of thanks has
- £250 donation - has been received from Snellings at Blofield. They have also been very
generous in allowing us to buy a Roberts Bluetune50 radio at a greatly reduced price for the Grand Christmas Draw first prize. A letter of thanks has also been sent to them.
Date of next meeting - Thursday, 14 January at 11am at Baptist Church
There being no further business to discuss the meeting closed at 12.40pm.